Friday, September 01, 2006

To My Beloved

Belinda,

It's been a hard road, hasn't it, honey? But, you know I will walk with you every step down this path of life. In sickness, and in health, pain or no pain; whatever troubles our family may face. You have always been there for me. Now, it's only fair that I be there for you in your time of need.

I do remember the pain free times, like that time we spent down in New Orleans just before your good surgery. I will never forget those few days. We hit all the wonderful restaurants: NOLA, K-Paul's, the Cafe Du Monde, Gumbo Shop, Central Grocery, and all the little N.O. musts. I do believe that it was on that trip that I became positive that I wanted to be with you forever. Even if the disease that was killing you might just cut that time short, or that we'd never have any children. I remember the walk in the French Market where I bought you a cheap little stone ring and before your surgery, and gave it to you as my promise that I would always be there, no matter the outcome. I remember these times just as I remember the times you hurt so bad you couldn't get out of bed for what seemed like weeks on end, because the pain was so severe. I want you to know that there was always a constant, I loved you. I stood by you then, and of course I will stand by you now.

We have seen some real doozies of some doctors, haven't we, darling? I think the greatest incompetency, and then proof of God's miracles, was when one doctor told us that it was not only not likely, but there was just no hope of having children. With one sputtering ovary and a bleak outlook, we beat those odds then, didn't we? God smiled on us then when he gave us Isabella, and he will soon smile on us again soon when he heals you from this misery. He gave us the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. A child that looks so much like me and has all your wit, intelligence and sweetness. Sweetheart, I know how much you love me, and you have given me my only known blood relative. I mean, out there somewhere, I know I might have a brother or sister, or even a mother or father. But it was you that made me a daddy. Being a daddy and your husband, my sweet, I have found, is all I have ever wanted to be.

Your pain will be over soon, my sweet. It will be over soon.

Our lives 'til this point have not been easy. God knows, you have had to deal with my health problems, and me being well.....generally crazy at times. And you have done so with the patience of a saint. I think you know what I mean when I say that you saved me. Belinda, you saved my life in so many ways. I could never repay you. I owe you so much.

Your surgery is coming, and I know it seems so far away. But, we can make it, together. I will help you. And afterwards you know I will do whatever it takes to help you comfortably heal. I am having chocolate trucked in, already practicing making your favorite chicken and dumplings and I have Ben and Jerry on speed-dial.

We still have a long road to travel. We have a life to live together.

We will find a way, Belinda. And this time, it will be, hopefully, pain-free.

21 Comments:

Blogger CeCe said...

You are the sweetest! You're such a doll!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Caffeinated Librarian said...

*sniffle* You guys need to stop all this eloquence run amok. If it's not you than it's Belinda making me tear up. *sigh* At least I'm not at work this time.

I'll have my fingers crossed and a prayer in my thoughts for you both, as always. But tell your wife to check her email, daggnabbit. 'Cause if she doesn't tell me what music you guys like soon I'm just going to burn a cd and send it to Mocha to send to you. So there. :-P

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you and Belinda get some sort of sick pleasure out of making people cry ALL the time??? ;-)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one crying!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good lord, Alex and Belinda. Get a room!

Sob!

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost never cry for real when reading blogs, but this post put actual tears in my eyes and swelled up my throat. Alex, you are a king among men.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I keep crying when I read your's and Belind's blogs. I have to take a break.

It is nice to see two people in love with each other and willing to work through the hard times together.

3:54 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

OK, Guys? Maybe this will help? Last night, I kept wanting to talk, and Alex kept want to, you know, SLEEP, but I had IMPORTANT THINGS to discuss, for instance the exact statistical liklihood that these surgeons are going to accidentally, or just out of laziness, colostomize me if the find an endo mass on my bowel, or that I've had so many operations that my odds of dying under anesthesia are higher now.

So at one point he put HIS ENTIRE HAND (which is big) over my face, and just left it there. I said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

He answered, "I'm hoping you're like a parakeet, and you'll shut up if you can't see."

There. That help cut the treacle any?

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA I was going to say how lovely that post was & then I read what Belinda wrote & that's hilarious.
On a serious note, the love you 2 have for each other is remarkable.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I know I don't post often and somtimes I find it hard to find words and others they just flow out. You know, when the inspiration hits. Belinda tends to bring that out in me.

Thank you all again for listening to me babble on about my wife. I promise I will post again and not about such sad things.

3:24 PM  
Blogger jenB said...

We love her too. But thanks for loving her in person. I wish I could hug her myself.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter with a beautiful love shining through it.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! like a parakeet! hahahaha

at our place we know the bad surgery go around. if it doesn't destroy your marriage, it makes it indestructable. i mean that to make you happy ....

*places hand over her own face*

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Alex! Did you watch all the games today? USC's game just ended a little while ago. I haven't heard how Arkansas did today, if you get a moment, would you let me know please?
I hope you're doing alright & keeping busy. Hey, it's college football day!! Thinking of you :)

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That touches my heart in so many ways. Many blessings and prayers.

3:06 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

7:42 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

7:43 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

7:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

7:46 PM  
Blogger منصتك الاخبارية said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-12.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-11.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-25.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-10.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-9.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-cleaning-companies-8.html

2:29 PM  
Blogger rehabgad1 said...

Good write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up

http://rehabgad.soup.io/
https://rehabgad22.doodlekit.com/blog
http://prokr114.bravesites.com/
http://zahret-golf.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next